Monday, December 8, 2014

Best of the Best!

Contrary to what you normally see here, I do still read "adult" books. Quite a lot of them.

Here are my top 10 best reads of 2014 (in no particular order.)

I hope some of these books bring as much joy to you as they did to me.
  1. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
  2. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
  3. Below Stairs by Margaret Powell
  4. The Darlings by Cristina Alger
  5. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
  6. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by Caitlin Doughty
  7. Working Stiff by Judy Melinek
  8. Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure
  9. Remarkable Courtship of General Tom Thumb by Nicholas Rinaldi
  10. A Tale Dark & Grimm by Adam Gidwitz (okay, okay...I had to sneak at least 1 kidlit book into the list!)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sharp Objects, huh? That one was too dark for me. I'm definitely wanting to get to A Tale Dark and Grimm.

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

Yeah, I'm down with dark and gritty, Lisa :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...