Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Four Month Challenge

This challenge is hosted by Virgine Says and begins November 1st. I really like the topics covered in this challenge.

Click here for the rules and to sign up. This challenge is a bit different from others, in the fact that you get awarded points for reading books in certain categories.

The points & categories are as follows, along with my tentative book choices:

5 Point Challenges
Read a book with a proper name in the title - Alice I Have Been
Read a book about a queen or king - The Life of Queen Elizabeth I
Read a book by/about a Bronte - Romancing Miss Bronte
Read a book about Vampires - The Vampire Lestat

Read a book by V.C. Andrews - might skip. Not a fan.

10 Point Challenges
Read a book by Canadian author - The Birth House
Read a book by Charles Dickens - David Copperfield
Read a book set in France - Abundance
Read a book by Georgette Heyer - The Nonesuch
Read an ‘art’ themed book. - Creation of Eve

15 Point Challenges
Read a book with a Civil War theme - Beautiful Creatures
Read a book with characters inspired by King Arthur or about King Arthur/Camelot - Here Lies Arthur
Read a biography/autobiography - Anne Frank: Her Life in Words and Pictures
Read a book related to or something by Shakespeare - Shakespeare's Wife
Read a book by an author born in November, December, January or February - A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver (E.L. Konigsburg was born in February)

20 Point Challenges
Read a book with a wintery theme (Christmas, snow, ice, freezing etc.) - You Better Not Cry: Stories for Christmas
Read a book that was a winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction - The Road
Read a book that begins with A and one that begins with Z - Alphabetical Life/Zookeeper's Wife
Read a book from The Modern Library Top 100 - Ragtime
Read a book and then write a review- 1984 by George Orwell

My total for the 4MC was 145 points. Not too bad...

3 comments:

Veens said...

I did the 1st set, it got me 155 points YAY! This one is a bit more difficult.. coz.. i dnt have MANY books.. and i m not in a mood to buy right now :)

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

Yeah, I'm trying to stick to titles I own or know are at the library already.

Anonymous said...

Definitely read Agnes Grey. I highly recommend it. In fact it's my favorite Bronte book, though I still need to read Villette.

Interesting challenge. VC Andrews always creeped me out. I've never read any of her books but Flowers in the Attic just sounded very odd.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...